The Staffordshire and Worcester Canal

An Act of Parliament in May 1766 authorised the construction of the canal, with the chief engineer being James Brindley a figurehead of the time in canal engineering. The Canal was completed in 1771 and subsequently opened for trade in 1772. In 1959 the canal was due to be closed but was saved by the Staffordshire and Worcester Canal Society.

The Staffordshire and Worcester Canal is one of the most attractive canals in the country with locks, beautiful scenery and country pubs.

Our 2010 Boats